by Kira Walton
Too often we feel we need a day of pampering, but we either can’t find the time or it’s not within our budget. Well we’ve found the solution… a DIY facial that really works!
Nourishment and a healthy skincare routine can actually help us to reach a healthy state of mind so if you’re looking for an excuse to treat yourself to a facial, keep reading!
Make your pennies stretch with your own DIY facial
1. Pump 3 – 4 drops of My Little Hero Skin Booster Serum into your palms and rub together to warm the oil.
2. Close your eyes and press your hands up to your face, taking a few deep breaths (our sense of smell has the power to draw up feelings, memories and emotions better than any sight or sound).
3. Gently apply the palms of your hands to your face and move your hands outward in smooth sweeping movements, working from the center of the face out.
4. Massage the oil into your skin for one minute using your fingertips and starting from the center of the face, working outward and upward in small circular motions.
5. To firm and tone the jawline, bend your index and middle fingers on both hands and place your chin between your knuckles. Glide along your jawline to under your ears in a sweeping motion. Repeat six times.
6. To improve facial contours, place the pads of your thumbs under your cheekbones with your palms facing outward and gently push up. Work from the center of the face outward. Repeat six times.
7. To improve fine lines and wrinkles across the brow area, place your fingertips on the center of your brow and with firm pressure sweep upward and outward, moving toward the hairline and finishing at the temples. Repeat six times.
8. Improve the firmness of the skin on the neck by gently using your palms to sweep the oil up the neck area.
9. Then sweep your palms across your chest from left shoulder to right shoulder, sweeping across the decolletage with the palm of the hand. Repeat both sides three times.
10. Finally, sweep residual oil onto the back of your hands to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on hands.